Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Clearinghouse
This site provides a central location for educational institutions and other entities to document that they are in compliance with the Public Health Service Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) rules and regulations. This site is expected to be used by PHS recipients to verify the compliance of their potential subrecipients with these regulations.
This link is available for public use in determining the compliance status of a specific institution or entity. List of compliant institutions and entities.
Agencies Using the PHS FCOI Regulations
This list below constitutes agencies that have been reported to the FDP as using the PHS regulations (including FCOI) in their award terms. This list is provided as a convenience for FDP members and other institutions, but the accuracy of the list has not been verified by the FDP. Institutions are encouraged to independently verify the inclusion of PHS regulations in their award terms from these agencies. If you become aware of other agencies including PHS regulations routinely in their awards, please notify Maria Koszalka, FDP Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org so that she can add that agency in the list.
Public Health Service Agencies
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Indian Health Service (IHS)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health (OASH)
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Administration for Community Living (ACL)
- Administration for Children & Families (ACF)
- Office of National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC)
While not all program or funding announcements contains specific statements as to the applicability of the FCOI regulations, agencies do list their award management guidelines on their website. Prior to submitting a proposal, FDP recommends checking for relevant FCOI requirements on the agency’s website. The NIH Grant Policy Statement (GPS) and the HHS GPS both contain the FCOI requirement. If an agency lists the HHS or NIH GPS as applicable, then the FCOI regulations will apply.
Please consult directly with the sponsor in question.