Data Stewardship Subcommittee
The FDP Data Stewardship Subcommittee is committed to the creation and education of best practices for the FDP members that meets current and future legal and ethical obligations required for the responsible sharing and secondary use of research data. The Subcommittee will engage the FDP community and utilize objective-driven working groups to advance the evolution of expectations of the sharing of data while ensuring data privacy and the rights of individuals. This includes reviewing existing and new administrative requirements imposed by federal regulations related to research data security, retention, sharing and integrity. The Subcommittee has a cognizant emphasis on a coherent, streamlined and compliant harmonization of requirements across federal agencies, reduction of redundancies and identifying best practices.
Current Activities & Initiatives
- Creation of Clean Chain of Title Flow-Chart for Data
- Working with FDP Contracts Subcommittee on tools to implement data sharing and management plans in subawards
- Serve as a consistent, constant and advisory voice for the responsible creation, management, use and sharing of research data.
- Creation of the FDP DTUA Amendment, and updated the One Way DTUA Template (will be posted at Data Transfer and Use Agreement (DTUA) Templates and Tools)
Committee Resources & Tools
- Data Transfer and Use Agreement (DTUA) Templates and Tools
- Future/Secondary Use of Data
- Data Destruction – Deaccessioning (on hold/not yet functioning)
FDP Meeting Session Slides & Meeting Summaries
All meeting presentations and summaries can be located at the Meetings & Listening Sessions webpage.
Please contact the Data Stewardship Subcommittee at DataStewardship@thefdp.org with any questions, comments, suggestions, or concerns.